Friday, May 17, 2013

Pink or Blue: Round 2!

I love all of the tests and tricks there are out there to try and figure out what you are having before you can actually find out!  I took a look at my post back from September 2010 when we were trying to guess what Avery was going to be ... and I didn't even have to change any of my answers - literally I answered every single one the same as I did almost 3 years ago!  I have said since I was 5 weeks pregnant, that this pregnant has been a "textbook Avery" pregnancy, and it continues that way through today (with the exception of my high blood pressure round 1). Although 'something' was spotted during our 12 week ultrasound, the tech said that it was 50% chance it was a girl's spine, 50% it was boy parts - we have another ultrasound in 3 weeks, so I'm keeping my fingers & toes crossed we can find out early!! :)

Heart Rate test: Girl (>140 = boy, 140+ girl … baby was 170 at 9 weeks, 156 at 12 weeks

Cravings test: Boy (craving sugar = girl, craving salt = boy) I have been eating a lot of fruit, but I do love chips and salsa, so I think salt trumps sugar again this time.

Morning Sickness test: Girl (they say lots of nausea & morning sickness lets you know it's a girl, feeling great with no nausea means boy) This baby was NOT very nice to me weeks 6-12!!

Chinese Gender Chart: Boy (Legend states that the Chinese Gender Chart was buried in a royal tomb near Beijing over 700 years ago. It is said to be over 90% accurate. By cross referencing your age & month of conception on the chart, it points to either boy or girl).  They SAY it's 90% accurate, but it said Avery was going to be a boy, and we all know how that turned out!

Skin test: Girl (it has been said that carrying a girl can cause your skin to break out. This stems from an old wives' tale that your baby girl will "steal your beauty.")





No comments:

Post a Comment