Thursday, December 1, 2011

A New Tradition


Anyone that knows me, knows I love my traditions! Since this year marks the first Christmas with a child, I decided we needed to start something that we could do every year until all of our kiddies are big and grown ... and maybe they could do it someday with their children! Thanks to Pinterest I discovered this - http://katherinemariephotography.com/blog/archives/3773 - instead of the traditional advent calendar, you wrap up 24 Christmas books and have your children open one each day of December and read it all together as a family. Avery is still a little too young to get "unwrapping" - but we are letting her pick a book out of the stack which we will read each night before bedtime. Tonight's pick - "A Christmas Carol"!

No comments:

Post a Comment