Thursday, April 28, 2011

my growing girl


today avery had her 2 month check-up. she now weighs 11 lbs, 9 oz and is 22.5 inches long (although the first nurse weighed her in at 10 lbs ... good thing she knew how to use the scale!) she is in the 50th percentile for height and 75th for weight. she once again got a rave review of good health and dr. martinez even got a smile out of her! she did have to get two shots and some mouth drops - she didn't like any of that very much but after a couple second scream/cry, she was all better and fell right to sleep. she is growing beautifully! i still think she doesn't eat enough, but clearly she does as shown in her weight gain.

side note: mommy made friends with a 6 year old in the waiting from who broke the ice by telling me she liked my baby. she then asked her mom to bring her baby brother over so i could see him and proceeded to sit right next to me (practically on my lap) and read me two books. the nurse thought she was my daughter when her name was called since she was so close to me.

1 comment:

  1. Hah I can just picture a kid befriending you like that!! So cute. Glad Avery really is holding some of that food down hehe

    ReplyDelete