Sunday, March 18, 2012

Dearest Bupa

Yesterday our family said goodbye to an amazing man and role model, Bupa. He was 90 years young. He always had a smile on his face and never complained about anything. He was so proud of his Air Force career, the Chicago Cubs & most importantly his family. He lived a long and happy life and is already terribly missed. He was SO in love with Avery and although he couldn't see her, he just loved visits with her, singing to her and telling her how beautiful she was. I am so glad that I was able to give him the gift of his first and only grandchild - means the world to me to give him that experience, something my Nonnie dreamed of. It seems only fitting that his first day in Heaven was on my Nonnie's favorite holiday, St. Patrick's Day. Makes me smile to know they were reunited together and could enjoy Heaven's best corned beef & cabbage together :) I can only hope that they are rejoicing together and I will do my very best to make them proud each and every day.






No comments:

Post a Comment