Monday, January 27, 2014

The Bachelor : Wedding

Did anyone else catch the Bachelor wedding last night?  I've always been a big fan of the Bachelor franchise and Sean & Catherine are my favorite couple!  I have been waiting to see this wedding since last March when we watched Sean get down on one knee and propose!  The Polar Vortex (along with every person in our town having some sort of illness) my girlfriend Hillary and I, grabbed blankets, a bottle of champs & took our front row seats!

LOVED:
* mismatched living room seating for ceremony - maybe this is something that only wedding planners notice or appreciate, but it looked amazing!
* Catherine's "Grown Sexy" wedding theme - I love a good theme and also create a name for it when it doesn't exist "rustic glam, pink ombre + gold glitter buttons, you get the idea".  Catherine, I get you! :)
* Sean's Dad officiating - I don't even need to explain why I loved this.  The ceremony was so heartfelt and special and not just because of Sean & Catherine's vows - Jay Lowe is such a sweet man, you can see why Sean is the man he is today and his words were so touching - my favorite "And Catherine, I just want you to know that Sherry and I are head over heels in love with you, girl."  Catherine hit the jackpot marrying into that family.  I follow his sister Shay's blog and she is the sweetest! 
* the Bride & Groom - the wardrobe, the hair, the jewelry, just everything about them! These two are just so in love and it shows.  I know Reality Steve tells us the entire franchise is scripted and fake, but seriously - Sean & Catherine have real love and are really perfect for each other.  They are equally quirky and kind (not to mention gorgeous!) and the fact that they put God in the center of their marriage is just so refreshing to see!  I really think they will last forever ... and pop out a few babies soon! :)
 
NOT SO MUCH:
 * Catherine's procession song - a tropical version of "Human Nature".  For as special and romantic as the moment was, the song just didn't scream romance.  I was expecting to cry like a baby watching Sean tear up as his bride walked down the aisle, but the song was so strange to me so I kept my tears in for a few extra minutes.  I am sure it has special meaning though, and the look on Sean's face was just too adorable for words.
 * No reception coverage - now I know the ceremony was shown live so we were not going to be able to see the reception, but they could have at least shown us what the room looked like - panning to centerpieces, table linens, cake, etc.  They showed stills of the honeymoon suite about 100 times - they could have at least shown us the ballroom once or twice.  Good thing Instagram hooked me up with some photos last night! #thebachelorwedding

Biggest congratulations to Mr. & Mrs. Lowe - can't wait to see what comes next!  

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that seems interesting and I am sure both of you had blasting time in this bash. We also will be getting married in carnival style. So would be hiring best planner for all arrangements of our grand wedding bash. Have already booked our favorite outdoor event venue for special day!

    ReplyDelete