Monday, September 23, 2013

Pinned this, Made that: Pom Pom & Sequin Pumpkins

Like I mentioned before, I have so many Halloween decorations, but wanted to whip up a few new things this year!  I tend to primarily use silver, black & purple in my Halloween decor (no orange - what a weirdo I know!) so I was inspired by these two pumpkin photos on Pinterest.

 
After a trip to Hobby Lobby (where everything I wanted happened to all be 50% off on the same day!) and the Pumpkin Patch for some white pumpkins, Avery & I were ready to craft!  
 Supplies: white pumpkins (real or fake), pom poms (I bought black in 2 sizes), sequin trim (purple/silver/black), hot glue gun & glue sticks, scissors
 
 Obviously this was a mother-daughter project, so please note that they probably aren't my most mature project ... especially those pom pom ones! :) Note: I toned the pom poms down in the next picture! :)
Since I have damaged a table or two with real pumpkins (if left out too long they can take the finish right off!), we housed these lil' pumpkins in the kitchen using a glass plate & cake stand.
They are playful and cute and make me smile when I look at them!  BOO!

No comments:

Post a Comment