Friday, March 8, 2013

Metamorphosis

When I got pregnant with my daughter back in June 2010, I decide to put together a little blog (first post here) to update family and friends on our progess on the baby bump, nursery, etc and if I was ambitious enough, continue it after Avery was born to journal milestones, vacations, weekly pictures, holidays - you name it.

Naming the blog was much easier than setting it up - I wanted something with a little more pizazz than 'The Johnsons Blog' or 'Baby Blog', so one night I came up with "First Comes Love."  First came love for me & husband Nick (2003), then came marriage (November 8, 2008 - our 5 year anniversary!) & then came the most beautiful and sweetest baby in a baby carriage (Avery - February 27, 2011).  Not only am I amazed that I am still keeping it up regularly, but that through the wonders of Facebook, Pinterest and that big, big world we call the Internet, our little blog has been viewed almost 25,400 times (and counting!)

Until recently, this blog has geared towards family and friends and I have only been writing Avery-related posts, but since we have developed some new readers outside of our circle, I have decided to kick this blog up a notch and tie in some more of me and what I like to do when I'm not playing with baby dolls & checking Facebook. ;)  So like my friend Emeril would say, "BAM!" I am happy to announce some new features and additional columns coming to your computer screen!

For those who don't know me personally, my name is Jessica and twenty-something wife, mommy and wedding planner turned stay-at-home mommy with a love of holiday decorating, parties, weddings, craft projects, Pinterest and my beautiful 2 year old daughter!  I hope you check back often to get to know me even better! While I will continue to blog all of Avery's milestones, adventures and hilarious things that are starting to come out of her mouth, I will also be adding party themes, decorations and party favor ideas, recipes (never my own creation, but I love to try everyone else's!), holiday ideas, Pinterest creations, and much, much more!  And don't worry, I'm pretty thrifty, so anything that I make/create/do will never break your bank! 

I can't wait to share more with you - please visit me often!
xo,
Jess

1 comment: