Monday, March 11, 2013

Pinned This, Made That: Pink Ombre + Glitter Vase

Welcome to "PINNED THIS, MADE THAT".  My new series is pretty self-explanatory - I pin something(s) I like and I make my own version!  If you are one of those people who pin like crazy, but never put them to use, then I hope these posts inspire to actually start crafting!  

What do you get when you cross a glitter vase... (found here)

 
 with pink crepe paper streamers? (found here)

You get THESE BEAUTIES!


PINK OMBRE + GOLD GLITTER VASES
Supplies:  
* Vase (new or old will do as long as it is clean & dry!)
* Small foam brush
* Modge Podge
* Loose glitter (I used Martha Stewart gold glitter)
* Crepe Paper Streamers (I used 3 shades of pink streamers)
*Scissors
* Invisible Tape or stickers (I used a white round label that resembled a button)

1. Tape off where you want to glitter on your vase with painters/masking tape
2.  Brush on Modge Podge
3.  Immediately cover Modge Podge with glitter (I recommend Martha Stewart)
4. Tap off extra glitter & let dry
5. Use Modge Podge finishing spray to help glitter stick permanently. 
6. When complete dry, wrap streamers around vase and secure with invisible tape or a sticker.

Add flowers & voila! You're done!



No comments:

Post a Comment