Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Baby Shower Activity: Champagne Toast

I have been writing poems since I can remember.  No, not GOOD poems that you would find in an old classic masterpiece at the library - cheesy rhyming poems.  It's one of my 'things' you could say.  In fact, one of my favorite websites is www.rhymezone.com.  If I have attended a bridal shower, baby shower, or bachelorette party of yours, chances are you received a theme gift with a poem to go along with it.  Looking back, I wish I had saved copies of all of my awesome poems, but since I didn't, I guess you will just have to take my word for it!

I love the idea of keeping track of all of the special people who attend your events, so when I hosted a baby shower for a good friend of mine, I wanted to give her a guest book that she would actually put to use.  Since the shower itself was a cocktail party, I decided signing a bottle of champs would be perfect!  Plus, what a fun thing to give to a soon-to-be mommy - I pictured her and her husband Jesse toasting with our champagne after their baby boy was born (which they did!) and it just made me tear up and smile! I could have just explained to all of the girls to sign their name on the bottle, but that wouldn't have been much fun, would it?  So of course I whipped up a little poem to go along with it.  If you love cheesy poems as much as I do, PLEASE copy it! It'd make the rhyming geek in me so happy! :)

BABY SHOWER 'GUEST BOOK' WORDING:
A new baby boy (or girl!) will soon join your life
Making you a mommy on top of a wife.
May your first sip of alcohol after he's (she's) here
Be this champagne that we toast to you dear!





1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! So going to use it, if you don't mind. :)

    ReplyDelete